History

Umuebi Amuzu is one of the 9 (Nine) Villages of the then Amuzu Autonomous Community which now since 2004 has 4(four) Autonomous Community created from it.
Umuebi is amongst the 3(three)Amuzu Villages that then constituted Amuzu Nweafor Autonomous Community namely; Umunehi, Umuebi and Odanobo.
Odanaobo village recently split to give Obo kindred the privilege of a full village. Following this development, Amuzu Nweafor Autonomous Community now have 4(four) villages namely; Umunehi, Umuebi,Umuodah, and Obo.

Umuebi is comprised of 4(four) Kindred in order of seniority namely;

Umuabazu(Amala),Umunehiubum,Umuokoro and Umuehiagwu.
Umuebi indigenes are predominantly farmers, palm produce dealers and traders with highly educated Son’s and Daughter’s, seasoned professionals who forms the working class and trades their respective careers and businesses in Nigeria and abroad.

Umuebi people are Christians with majority of them Catholics constituting about 90% of the population while the remaining 10% is shared by other denominations such as Anglican Church, Assemblies of God Church and Christ Apostolic Church Umuebi Amuzu is the seat of Catholicism in the whole of Oke Clan (Oke- Ovoro Mbaise) which comprised Amuzu,Uvuru,Mbutu and Lorji. Oke Clan is amongst one of the 5(five) clan that make up Mbaise people. The first Mass ever celebrated in Oke Clan was celebrated in 1921 at Saint Paul’s Catholic Church Umuebi Amuzu.

Landmark of interest include the first Girls primary School in Mbaise; Holy Rosery Girl’s Primary School (now called Central School Amuzu) which was founded in 1947 and attracted pupils from Amuzu, Ngor Okpala,Mbutu,Uvuru,Lorji and some part of Mbaise. Other landmarks include the Legendry Ikoro drum to herald important event is located in the Ancient Umuebi Vllage Hall.The indigenes of Umuebi joins their kits and kin in trading at the popular Afor-Amuzu Market belonging to Amuzu Nweafor Autonomous community, this market attracts traders all over Mbaise from far and near at its market day.
Umuebi Amuzu village is bounded at the south western part by Ogbor Uvuru,Umumee Uvuru and south eastern part by Umuogu Amuzu. It shares its Northern boundary with its Kin brother village Umunehi Amuzu, while its north western border is with Umudinka Uvuru and Akpotu Uvuru.

Umuebi Village can be accessed through Ogbor Uvuru Road, off Okpala –Ahiara Express Road a left turn is made at Oke-Ogwu junction into the popular “Douglas Road” which was the first road created by Mr. Douglas the Colonial officer who cut the Road to enter the hinterland of Mbaise through Umuebi village, this major Road traversed to Umuodah Amuzu down to Lorji Mbaise and continued to Ife, Amumara to Obizi in Ezinihitte Mbaise